Getting your Plumbing or HVAC company listed in the organic (non-paid-listings) section of major search engines comes down to two core factors:
- Having the proper on-page optimization so that Google knows what you do and the area you serve. This is so that it can put your business in the index for the correct keywords. You accomplish this by having pages for each of your services and then optimizing them for specific keyword combinations (ex. Your City + Plumber, Your City + Heating & Cooling Expert, Your City + Water Heater Repair, Your City + AC Installation, etc.).
- Creating enough authority and transparency so that Google ranks you on page one for those specific keywords. Ultimately, it comes down to having credible inbound links from other websites online to your own website. He who has the most credible inbound links wins.
Now I want to give you some specific HOW TO information on exactly what pages to add to your Plumbing or HVAC website (and why), and what you can do to improve your authority/transparency so that your website ranks on page one for the keywords that are most important to your Plumbing or HVAC business.
- Click here to review my SEO Strategy for Plumbing and HVAC Contractors. This will explain what pages to build on your website and what to do on those pages (on-page SEO), so that Google adds your site to their index for those keywords.
- Once you understand how to do the on-page optimization, you will want to be sure that you know which keywords get the most search. Click here for our list of the Most Commonly Searched Plumbing Related Keywords. If you optimize your website for each of these keyword combinations, you will be positioning yourself for maximum exposure.
- To learn more about link building, click here to access a Podcast Explaining Our Advanced Link Building Techniques.
If you take action on these strategies you will be well on your way to DOMINATING the search engines for your Plumbing & HVAC keywords in your area.