SEO Strategy for Plumbers
In today’s environment, it has become increasingly important for plumbers and plumbing contractors to be visible on the major search engines (Google, Yahoo and Bing) as consumers are searching for their services. Search engines are now the #1 source for consumers when they are looking for local services.
Below is our SEO strategy for plumbers and plumbing contractors:
Step 1 – Build out the website and obtain more placeholders on the major search engines.
A typical plumbing website has only 5-6 pages (Home – About Us – Our Services – Coupons – Contact Us). That does not create a lot of indexation or placeholders on the major search engines. Most plumbing contractors provide a wide variety of other services including Water Heater Installation, Emergency Service, Sink Repair and Bathroom Remodeling, just to name a few. By building out the website and creating separate pages for each of these services (combined with city modifiers), the plumbing contractor can get listed on the search engines for each of those different keyword combinations. Here is an example:
- Home – About – Coupons – Contact Us
- Sub-pages for each service – Miami Emergency Plumber, Miami Leak Detection, Miami Toilet Repair, Miami Water Heater Installation, Miami Tankless Water Heater, etc.
They often provide services in a large number of towns outside their primary city. In order to be found on the major search engines for EACH of those sub-cities, additional pages need to be created:
- Sub-pages for each sub-city serviced – Kendall Plumber, Doral Plumber, Homestead, Plumber, etc.
Step 2 – Optimize Pages for search engines:
Once the pages are built for each of your core services, each of the pages need to be optimized from an SEO perspective so that the search engines understand what the page is about and list you for those words. Here are some of the most important items that need to be taken care of for on-page search engine optimization:
- Unique title tag on each page
- H1 tag re-stating that title tag on each page
- Images named with primary keywords
- URL should contain page keyword
- Anchor text on each page and built into the footer – Miami Plumber
- XML Sitemap should be created and submitted to Google Webmaster Tools and Bing Webmaster Tools
Step 3 – Inbound Links
Once the pages are built out and the “on-page” SEO is complete, the next step is getting inbound links. Everything we have done up to this point is similar to laying the ground workl you have to have the pages in order to even be in the running. However, it is the number of QUALITY inbound links to those pages that is going to determine placement.
30% of SEO is On-Page type work
The other 70% is Link Building
Once the pages are built out is just the beginning. The only way to get your site to rank above your competition is by having MORE quality inbound links to your site.
He Who Has The MOST Quality Inbound Links WINS!
There are a number of things that you can do to increase the number of inbound links to your site.
- Association Links – Be sure that you have a link to your website from any industry associations that you belong to (plumbing association, Chamber of Commerce, networking groups, etc.).
- Directory Listings – Get your site listed on as many listing directories as possible (Angie’s List, Yahoo Local Directory, Judy’s Book, Yelp.com, etc.).
- Create interesting content/articles about your industry. This is probably the #1 source of inbound links because you can write an article about something like “Hot Water Heaters,” and push it out to thousands of article directory site,s each containing a link back to a specific page on your site.
If you build out your site for all of your services, optimize the pages using SEO best practices and then systematically obtain inbound links to those pages and sub-pages, you will start to DOMINATE the search engines for the plumbing related keywords in your area.
If you are looking to obtain page ONE placement on Google, Yahoo and Bing for the plumbing related keywords in your city – we can help.
Watch the videos below. It will be well worth your time.
I can help get you TOP placement on Google for a majority of the plumbing related keywords in your area. However, I only work with ONE plumber in each city. So, call me at 866-610-4647 before your competitor does.