How To To Claim Your Google Map Listing
Step-by-Step Guide to Claiming Your Google Map Listing
Below you will find a step-by-step guide for checking, claiming & managing your Local Business Listings on Google.
1. Go to http://www.Google.com/places
2. Click on Create an account or Log-in using your Google Username & Password
3. Enter all of the necessary contact information
4. Then click on “List your business”
5. Enter your phone number so that Google can determine if you already exist in their database
6. If your company comes up, click “Edit” if it doesn’t, click “Add New Listing”
7. Fill in all of the necessary information
- Update Your Company Name to Read “Company Name – Core City + Main Service) – E.G. Advance Plumbing – Dallas Plumbing Contractor
- Add your Website Address – This will create an important inbound link
- Upload PHOTOS – AS MANY AS POSSIBLE – Use personal Photos – Pictures of yourself (the owner), Pictures of Your Staff, Pictures of the Office, Pictures of Your Trucks, Your Equipment, Your Logo, Coupons, Pictures of your work. People Connect & Resonate With People. Leverage that in your Map Listing
- Upload a Video if you have one (If you don’t – Get one made!)
- List your hours of operation & services offered
8. You will be asked how you want to confirm your listing – via Phone or Postcard.
- ALWAYS CHOOSE PHONE. It is much faster & will ensure that your complete the process
- The Postcard Option takes 2-3 weeks
9. You will receive a call from Google’s automated system immediately. The automated system will provide you with a 5 digit code
- Make sure you or someone is available to answer the Office Line listed in your map listing.
10. Enter that code on the next screen & press “GO” in order to activate your listing
You will see a confirmation page indicating that you have successfully activated your listing.
That’s it! You have completed the 10 steps to claiming & setting up your Google Map listing on Google Places.
Here is what your Google Places Account Admin Area will look like once you are complete:
Here you will be able to edit your listing, add a coupon & check our your Google Places Page Stats
- How many people are pulling up your Google Places Page
- What are they searching to get to you
- How many of them are clicking to your site, etc
Here is what you Google Map Listing will look like on Google once you are Complete
- Look for the “Business Owner Verified” check box in the top right corner
- GET REVIEWS – Getting reviews has been proven to increase placement in the map listing
Want more details on how to optimize your Google Places Listing for Page One Placement? Download our FREE Google Places Optimization Guide.
If you are looking to obtain page ONE placement on Google, Yahoo & Bing for the Plumbing Related Keywords in your City – we can help.
Watch the videos below. It will be well worth your time.
I can help get you TOP placement on Google for a majority of the Plumbing Related Keywords in your area but I only work with ONE plumber in each City SO call me at 866-610-4647 before your competitor does.