Google Places Optimization Checklist
- Claim your Google Places listing at Google.com/places
- Optimize your listing
- Make sure the name, address and phone number are correct and exactly as they will be listed on other websites.
- Upload at least ten photos (preferably linked from Geo Tagged Images hosted at Panoramio.com).
- Upload at least 5 videos (preferably linked form Geo Tagged Videos on YouTube).
- Use all five categories, adding your core keywords.
- Leverage the additional information area to add more keyword-rich context to your services and area of service.
- Be sure that you have your company name, address and phone number listed (exactly as found on the Google Places listing) on each page of your company website (preferably in the Footer File).
- Clean up any duplicate listings on Google Places (by merging existing listings into your primary listing).
- Establish your N.A.P. profile across the web by ensuring that you are consistently listed and referenced on the major online directory sites.
- List of Top Citation Sources and direct links
- Launch a pro-active Review Request and Acquisition Process
- Our Review Acquisition System explained
- Consider using NearbyNow.co/PlumberSEO to help automate this process and push your true service area to Google.
Want more details on how to optimize your Google Places Listing for Page One Placement? Download our FREE Google Places Optimization Guide.